1. Who we are
This Privacy Notice applies to the use and processing of personal information collected by;
Platinum Property Group Ltd (including with trading styles Platinum Property Agents, Platinum Property Rentals, Platinum Property Students and Platinum Property Auctions)
Property Agent Support Services Ltd
P.A.S.S. Property Care Ltd
Platinum Property Support Ltd
Platinum Property Finance Ltd – FCA No. 576171
referred to as “Platinum” in this policy unless otherwise specified
For information concerning the collection, use and processing of personal information by any of our third-party business partners or suppliers, please contact our representative with whom you usually deal.
Platinum is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller and will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended or replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any national laws which relate to the processing of personal data (“data protection legislation”). We will use your information to ensure proper performance of our agreement with you and to comply with our legal obligations when providing the services as further described below.
2. Information covered by this Privacy Notice
Personal data. This is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you
Special categories of personal data. This is information which is classified as sensitive (for example details of your health)
and applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website
- Customers, including
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you have any questions about this notice or our use of your personal data, please contact the Platinum, Data Protection Officer by email to email@example.com or in writing to 15-17 St Johns Worcester WR2 5AE
3. Where we get personal information from
When you enquire or register for products and services provided by Platinum, we may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Information we collect directly from you, either through face to face contact, by telephone, email or electronic communications such as messaging or through the internet
- Information we collect when you visit or create an account on our websites
- Information provided to us by third parties including employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organisations
- Information from publicly available sources, for example, Land Registry
4. What information we collect
4.1 Information we collect directly from you
Depending on the type of service or product we are discussing, the following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Information about your family
- Information about your health
- Sensitive personal information, such as ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions
- Financial information, such as earnings and outgoings
- Payment information, such as a credit card and bank account details
- Your communication and marketing preferences
We may, during your relationship with us, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Any telephone calls either to or from our customer service teams may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance and security.
4.2 Information we collect when you visit our web sites
4.3 Information we obtain from third parties
Where we are required by law, or for business needs, we will obtain information about you from third parties, but only after we have your agreement to do so. For example (but not limited to) the third parties we may need to contact are credit reference agencies, banks, employers, accountants and solicitors to obtain references, undertake identity verification and basic criminal record checks, and validate your income level and financial history.
5. Who we share your information with
We may share your information both within the Platinum companies and also relevant third-party business partners.
Where we engage third party service providers to provide products (such as mortgages, house and contents and family protection insurances) or other business services and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request.
Platinum Property Finance Ltd is an appointed representative of TENETLIME Ltd and will share personal data with Tenet* as they are responsible for the services we provide to our customers and have a legal obligation to monitor our compliance with the FSMA and Financial Conduct Authority rules. Further details regarding how Tenet will use customer personal data can be found on it’s website at www.tenetgroup.co.uk or by contacting Tenet on 01132390011;
*Tenet means Tenet Group Limited, Tenet Limited, TenetConnect Limited, TenetConnect Services Limited, TenetLime Limited, its associated companies.
6. How we use your information
We will process the information you provide or we obtain from other sources to provide you with products and services and answer any questions you may have.
The following are examples of how we use the information we collect:
- To process your registration and confirm your identity
- To provide a full range of estate agency services for the sale and purchase of property
- To provide a full lettings service for tenants, prospective tenants and landlords
- To provide property management services
- To arrange survey and valuations
- To arrange mortgages
- To arrange protection insurances
- To provide conveyancing services
- To provide will writing and associated legal services
- To provide property auction services
- To create and manage your on-line account
- To process payment for our services
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, money laundering, tax evasion, claims, other liabilities and manage risk exposure and agent or franchise quality, integrity, compliance and security of business processes
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about Platinum products, services, offers, programs and promotions, their issuers, acquirers, retailers and partners
- To compile business directories, including business contact information
- To operate, monitor, evaluate and improve our products, services and websites
- To evaluate your interest in and suitability for employment
6.1 Customer Surveys
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research, survey and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents and sub-contractors may occasionally contact you including by post, email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
6.2 Information about our products and services
We may also use your personal data to contact you by post, email, telephone or other electronic means to provide you with information about products and services from the Platinum and carefully selected third parties which we feel may be of interest or relevant to your needs.
Please see Section 12 for information about how you can exercise your rights.
6.3 Credit scoring
Some of the services provided by third parties may involve an automated decision and/or credit scoring to determine whether we are able to provide a service or product.
Using third parties to undertake searches and collate information on our behalf helps make fair and responsible decisions. When coming to these decisions we and third parties will consider:
- the information provided on the application form
- information about previous account conduct, including any payment arrears and
- official public records information such as fraud record information and insolvency records
- Any credit scoring methods used by third parties are regularly tested to ensure they remain fair, effective and unbiased.
For further information about automated decisions or credit scoring, please contact the Platinum Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Lawful basis of processing
Platinum processes your information under any of the following lawful conditions:
- Performance of a contract – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Legal obligation – this is where the collection and processing of your data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, for example verification of identity and fraud prevention
- Consent – where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent before processing your data, for example to receive marketing information from other Platinum companies
- Legitimate interests – some information is processed by Platinum companies as part of its legitimate interests which include network and information security, opting out of communications, direct marketing, web analytics, updating customer details, lettings, sales, mortgage broking and other core services provided
8. Other situations
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a Platinum business to another company
- When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- When required by law and/or government authorities
- When requested by Financial Conduct Authority, the Property Redress Scheme, Financial Ombudsman or any other consumer ombudsman or trade association
9. How long we keep your information for
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations
For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Platinum Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com
10. When we communicate with you
We will send you service related communications.
We may also contact you in order to provide you with information about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, and which relate to your needs.
11. How we communicate with you
For service related communications, we will contact you either by email or through the post. We may also telephone you or send you SMS messages, which may include automated SMS reminders for viewings.
In addition, we may communicate by providing access to a dedicated secure portal to allow you to view relating to the service we provide
We give you choices about how we communicate promotions and offers to you.
11.1 By email
We only send you promotional emails if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Platinum by contacting your local office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
11.2 By post
We only send you promotional postal mail if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from Platinum by contacting your local office or by email to email@example.com
11.3 Mobile Text Messages
We will only send you promotional text messages if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages from Platinum by contacting your local office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only contact you by phone for promotional reasons if you explicitly select to receive these (you opt in). You can opt out of receiving promotional telephone calls from Platinum by contacting your local office or by email to email@example.com
12. Your statutory rights
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use. These include the right to:
- ask us for access to a copy of your personal information we hold about you
- ask us to correct your personal information
- ask us to delete your personal information
You can delete your online portal access at any time. This will delete any personal information in your account that we have about you, and it will mean any data about how you’ve used the online account will be made anonymous.
However, deleting your online portal access will not delete any data you’ve shared with us for reasons that are not connected with your online portal access. If you wish us to delete your data which is unconnected with your online portal access, please contact us as described below
- withdraw your consent to use your personal information
- Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your data in relation to good or service we are still contracted to provide
- If you would prefer not to receive information from Platinum or carefully selected third parties you can opt out by contacting your local office, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will act to respond to your request to stop receiving promotional email, phone, text or postal messages from Platinum as quickly as is practicable (around 10 working days). We will keep information for record keeping purposes to ensure we fulfil your request not to send particular types of messages.
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal data, including direct marketing
- object to our use of your personal data
- object to an automated decision, including profiling (for example, in terms of credit risk)
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk
- If you wish to make a request for access to a copy of your personal data, please write to Platinum at 15-17 St Johns Worcester WR2 5AE or email email@example.com
- ï If you wish to exercise any of your other rights, please write to the Platinum’s Data Protection Officer at Platinum, 15-17 St Johns Worcester WR2 5AE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a website that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and to store your preferences when using a particular site. It may contain a unique identifier to ensure that you are not shown the same information and/or are only shown information you have stated that you are interested in.
A cookie records your preferences when using a particular site, ensuring that you are not shown the same information and/or are only shown information you have stated that you are interested in. In order to use the Site you agree to let cookies be saved as they are an important part of navigation of the Site.
The following are examples of information we may collect:
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- Your internet protocol (IP) address assigned to your internet service
- The web pages you visit on our websites
- Any embedded links you view
13.1 Third party cookies used on the site
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about your visit to our website. We do this in order to help improve our website service to customers.
Their cookies typically store anonymous aggregated information such as whether a visitor has been to the site before, and the time of the current visit.
Where we use the Adfenix service to track traffic to our property pages in order to build audiences for our online advertising based upon how our visitors interact with our site, this service is used to promote the advertising of our properties and services through social media channels, including Facebook, using the Facebook pixel, and Twitter. For more information on how you can opt out of advertising on these channels please visit:
13.2 Other Technologies
Our security software may use your IP address and browser version to help protect our systems and provide diagnostic information in the case of an issue.
14. How we protect your information
We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records.
We have implemented strict security procedures to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
The information that we collect is stored in a secure facility with restricted physical access.
We also use several security measures to prevent electronic access.
We use permissions control access to Special categories of personal data within Platinum as part of our security measures.
Where information is shared with third parties, similar security measures are used to protect your information.
15. Data Transfers
We ourselves do not currently transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
If in the future, we or our partners need to transfer your information to recipients in other countries we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law and subject to appropriate safeguards, and protect the transferred personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice
16. Children’s privacy
We do not offer any products or services to children. In certain circumstances (for example a mortgage application) we may need to collect the name and date of birth of children from mortgage applicants and share this with the selected mortgage provider.
17. Links to other websites
Our websites, other electronic portals and documentation may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may operate independently from us and have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
Where linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content or data privacy practices.
18. Our Commitment to you
When you provide us with this information, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this data privacy notice. Our commitment to you is that
- We’ll work with other businesses to put together offers we think you might like
- You are in control of your data
- You can change your privacy settings at any time
- If you don’t think the data is correct tell us and well put it right
- We will keep your data secure
- We also promise to collect, process store and share your data safely and securely and to make sure the businesses we work with do the same
19. Updates to our Privacy Notice
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice, so we suggest that you review this Notice from time to time. If we make substantial changes to our Privacy Notice, we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.